Hard Water, Iron, Sulfur and Arsenic are Our Business.
What System Should I Choose?
There are many things that can cause discolored or bad-tasting water.
We have outlined some of the most common problems below and the best systems to fix your water problems!
- I have noticed a white buildup on my faucets and showerhead.
- My washing machine uses excessive detergent.
- There is excessive soap buildup in my shower.
Hard water is caused by calcium and lime in your water and can be removed with the use of a water softener. The Sentry II water softener will improve the performance of your dishwasher preventing mineral deposit buildup. It will also provide cleaner dishes and help reduce spotting and residue.
When you use the Sentry II water softener, your clothes will last longer, the colors will be brighter and the clothes will be cleaner and softer. Your washing machine will last longer by preventing mineral buildup and scale. It will save money by using less detergent and soap!
Using a water softener helps with dry skin and dry, tangled hair. Conditioned water helps reduce skin irritations and adds a healthy luster to your hair, leaving it easy to manage with use of less shampoo and conditioner. The Sentry II water softener in the shower and tub will leave shower tile and glass cleaner and the faucets without the spotty mineral deposits and soap scum.
IRON AND SULFUR
- My water is supplied from a well.
- There is a red/brown color in my water.
- Our water has a rotten egg smell.
Iron: A reddish brown color in your water (usually private wells). With the use of the Axis Iron and Sulfur Filter, which uses a catalytic carbon or a Katalox media, iron can be removed from your water. No more yellow or brown stains on your sinks, tubs, washing machines, dish washers and water heaters. This is done without the use of chemicals.
Sulfur: A rotten egg smell in your water. Hydrogen sulfide can be removed with the use of an Axis filter. Catalytic Carbon and Katalox Media is highly effective for the removal of hydrogen sulfide.
These are a couple problems found in wells in and around Northeastern Nevada. The Axis water filter does not use chemicals to remove iron and sulfur. The filter uses an air chamber within the tank to oxidize iron and sulfur. Water is then filtered through the catalytic carbon and/or Katalox media bed. This automatic backwashing system will leave your water clean and clear.
DRINKING AND COOKING WATER
- Water tastes bad and is not clear.
- We do not use an ice maker due to poor taste.
- We rely on bottled water.
Reverse Osmosis System
Our under the sink Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System provides:
– Delicious, sparkling-clear drinking water
– Convenience of fresh, clean water at your tap
– Pristine, flavorful coffee, tea and juice
– Quality water for your aquarium
– Crystalline harder and clearer ice cubes
– Prolonged life of your humidifier and steam iron
– Reduced bottled water costs
– Better tasting soups, sauces and meals
– Environmentally-sound, chemical-free treatment that is great for your pets
Arsenic: It is a known fact that arsenic is present in and around many area of Northeastern Nevada. Levels of arsenic may differ depending on the area you may be living in. In most cases, our under the sink Reverse Osmosis System can remove up to 98% of the arsenic in your water.
Still have questions? Call Elko Water Systems today to request a water test to determine the right solution for all of your water issues!